Sales Co-ordinator Internship – Edwin Doran Sports Tours - Kingston
48 week placement
At A Glance
TUI Specialist & Activity Sector is part of TUI Travel PLC, the world’s leading travel organisation and a FTSE 100 company. Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we don’t rest on our laurels and have ongoing exciting plans for further international expansion and increased profit growth.
The Sport Division has rapidly grown over 18 months with leading businesses in the UK, Australia & New Zealand we also have a leading position in the UK outbound sports tour market. Major appointments include Euro 2008, Beijing Olympics, ICC cricket, Lions tour to Australia, Ashes cricket, FIFA 2010 hospitality from UK & Ireland, Vancouver Winter Olympics, Rugby world cup in 2011, Olympics 2012, Euro 2012.
Edwin Doran Sports Tours was launched as one of the first operators of its kind back in 1974, and quickly became the leading brand in sports travel around the world. Edwin Doran has taken more teams on tour than any other sports tour operator – over 11,000 at the last count. Our staff have the know-how gained over years in the business to set up fixtures between equally matched teams. We use our extensive contacts to arrange billeting in host countries, so players on our school sports tours can really engage with the local people and culture.
What You'll Be Doing
As a result of growth in the UK and overseas touring market, the Edwin Doran sales team are expanding and they require more backup - working alongside three Sales Managers.
We are looking for a candidate with a good knowledge of the travel market and who has a good knowledge of the sporting world. You will have an excellent eye for detail and be financially astute. A good knowledge of Geography would also be helpful – as would a good sense of humour!
- Acting as a link between the Sales and operations team to ensure all sports tour proposals are accurate and workable, logistically and financially.
- Updating ‘Maximizer’ our CRM with accurate figures for monthly reporting.
- Gathering costs from our booking system ‘travelink’ to finalise tour package costs for the sales team.
- Creating sales proposals and itineraries to be sent to clients.
- Researching and prospecting potential new touring destinations for a range of sports.
- Researching potential new clients and leads for the sales team and booking meetings.
What We're Looking For
- IT literate with experience of MS Office and PowerPoint in Particular.
- Have good geographical and sporting knowledge.
- Will be a strong communicator (written and orally).
- The ability to work as part of a team with the desire to succeed, exceed targets and enjoy a pressurised environment.
- Good organisational skills, numeracy & an attention to detail.
- Outgoing lively personality with enthusiasm to succeed.
- Fluency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Will be self-motivated with a desire to exceed sales targets.
- Excellent administration skills are essential together with a confident manner.
- Demonstrate ability to welcome new products, marketing initiatives and a lateral thinking approach to sales.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- A knowledge of sports tour destinations and the school sports market is advantageous.
- Some experience in particularly sales and sports industry preferable.
- Sense of fun and ability to work in a small office team.
- Ideally well-travelled.
- Confident manner and a team player.
- A second European language.
- Full driver’s license and own car.