Sales Co-ordinator Internship
Kingston Upon Thames
What you will be doing
Edwin Doran is growing in the UK and overseas touring market, the Edwin Doran sales team is looking to take on an intern to work alongside three Sales Managers.
We are looking for an intern who has a passion for sport and sporting events and who has thirst to learn about the travel and tourism industry. You will have an excellent eye for detail and be financially astute.
- Acting as a link between the Sales and operations team to ensure all sports tour proposals are accurate and workable, logistically and financially.
- Updating ‘Maximizer’ our CRM with accurate figures for monthly reporting.
- Gathering costs from our booking system ‘travelink’ to finalise tour package costs for the sales team.
- Creating sales proposals and itineraries to be sent to clients.
- Researching and prospecting potential new touring destinations for a range of sports.
- Researching potential new clients and leads for the sales team and booking meetings.
What we are looking for
- IT literate with experience of MS Office and PowerPoint in Particular.
- Have good geographical and sporting knowledge.
- Will be a strong communicator (written and orally).
- The ability to work as part of a team with the desire to succeed, exceed targets and enjoy a pressurised environment.
- Good organisational skills, numeracy & an attention to detail.
- Outgoing lively personality with enthusiasm to succeed.
- Fluency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Will be self-motivated with a desire to exceed sales targets.
- Excellent administration skills are essential together with a confident manner.
- Demonstrate ability to welcome new products, marketing initiatives and a lateral thinking approach to sales.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- A knowledge of sports tour destinations and the school sports market is advantageous
- Sense of fun and ability to work in a small office team.
- Ideally well-travelled.
- Confident manner and a team player.
- A second European language.
Full driver’s license and own car.
Working within TUI group
Our Specialist & Activity Sector is part of TUI Group, the world’s leading travel organisation. Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our Specialist and Activity businesses combined are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel through its range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing and ski holidays and more.
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with
- Competitive salary & Holiday concession purchase
- Reward scheme – online discounts on products & services plus late seat & accommodation offers
- Foreign exchange discount at TUI retail outlets plus In-flight discount of 20%
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company. Holiday Concessions purchases are a non-contractual benefit and subject to change from time to time at the discretion of the Company.
How to apply
The application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.